Integrated with Honeywell’s Experion® Process Knowledge System (PKS), Digital Video Manager (DVM) presents video as the next generation process sensor to automate the detection of events and improve the speed and accuracy of operator response to process upsets, thereby saving time and money.
Digital Video Manager monitors process and safety conditions as well as security threats. The DVM R400 is the industry’s only enterprise-grade digital video solution for process control systems that helps to:
- Cost effectively view and control cameras anywhere on site
- Improve incident response times by providing contextual information to operators
- Increase detection rates by applying embedded Honeywell video analytics for smarter video which activates recordings, raising alarms and events within Experion
- Reduce storage cost and camera bandwidth consumption by using individually tuned camera settings and H.264 encoding technology
- Seamlessly integrate multiple camera systems while managing each system autonomously
- Never lose access to live video or recordings by applying fully redundant system architecture with minimal configuration overheads.
Honeywell has fully integrated DVM with Experion, enabling the use of video anywhere in the operator HMI and providing an integrated workflow for the navigation of alarms, events and operator displays. The integration enables operators to view and control both the industrial process and the plant’s cameras and recordings from an Experion station, thereby never losing control of important plant information. It also makes the deployment more cost effective than standalone solutions. In addition to station-based deployment, DVM offers browser-based access from anywhere on the WAN, ensuring that video is no longer confined to the control room.
Digital Video Manager is built on industry-standard open networking, computer hardware and software applications, taking advantage of the most cost-effective and powerful components available.
Key benefits of DVM include:
- Unprecedented availability and reliability
- Intelligent recording – Never miss a vital incident
- Efficient video collection and retrieval
- Camera tamper detection
- Multiple monitor control
- Video as evidence.